Tuesday 9 March 2010

Following the completion of my background studies, I found my self asking the question what could drive the buildings architecture. My first thought was to list the buildings functions out creating a mind map of how a user could approach the building. I then began looking for connections.




I began to explore comparisons to a buildings language to that of DNA, obviously a play on the fact that Autism is a gentitic disablility. Could I take the building stones of DNA sequencing and transfer them to the spacial planning of the facilities required.


This exercise was useful, however I feel it only allowed me to begin planning the building in a regimented approach. I simply dropped into "office mode" trying to plan the building logical round its functions without consideration for the spaces I was creating. There is little room for architecural expression and need to start concentrate on the induvidual spaces in relation to the users needs.






















No comments:

Post a Comment