Thursday 11 March 2010



I have begun looking at spaces that I feel express their architecture whilst meeting the users needs. Can the buildings architecture connect with its Autistic occupants. My initial thoughts and dicussions with my course mates and tutor have outlined the lack of a need for corridors. This is due to many autistic children's discomfort when there personal space is invaded, as outlined in my background study. Therefore the circulation within the buidling could be space and the facilities themselves could be pods within this space. This could lend itself to planning around routine. Coloured pods, easily identifiable, could form visual reference to the users, creating routine and lowering stress levels. This at least gives me a starting point. I am to progress this over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment